Friday, July 07, 2006

Free Shots at the CRACKER!

No, I'm not buying drinks, get that out of your head.

Last night, in a fit of rage, I had decided NOT to attend any of the Democratic functions on Saturday, after consigning the SCDP to the wastebin of history.

However, as I feel CLEANSED this morning (and I've not even showered yet!), I thought of Jay Mariotti, the Chicago Sun-Times columnist who writes nasty things about the White Sox and its players, but never shows up in the clubhouse to defend himself. That's a violation of baseball's unwritten moral code if there ever was one, and I'll be damned if I do that.

Therefore, I WILL attend the annual Sidney Chism picnic tomorrow, between 12:30 and 2:30 thereabouts (the picnic itself is from 12-5) so feel free to come up and tell me I'm right, I'm wrong, I said it beautifully and accurately, or that I'm a worthless racist old son-of-a-bitch. Or all of the above, really, it's your call!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does he have free food, and is it any good?

Steve Steffens said...

It's burgers and dogs and chips, with condiments (safe snacks, you know!) along with soft drinks and beer...

Anonymous said...

Is the beer free?

autoegocrat said...

For free beer, I'll change my name to Chism.

Newscoma said...

For free beer, I'll drive to Memphis.

Anonymous said...

^^^^^^^^^^^ has free beer.
Blog war?!