Monday, August 14, 2017

I am feeling frustrated.

First, I need to make full disclosure.  You may have noticed that I have NOT written anything about the City of Memphis for well over a year now, there is good reason for this.

I have a severe conflict of interest, as my wonderful, beautiful wife Susan works on the 7th floor at City Hall as the administrative assistant to Alan Crone, Special Counsel to the Mayor.  As a result, anything I wrote would be seen as speaking on their behalf, which is the LAST thing I would do or should do, as they have very talented people in their employ to do just that type of thing.

I will say this, and then walk away from anything city related.   I feel I should remind everyone that the reason Tennessee has a law prohibiting cities from bulldozing Confederate statues, UNLIKE Kentucky or Louisiana, is that the prior City Council passed an ordinance to remove them, and the Confederate supporters in the General Assembly passed a bill to stop it.  Among the City Councilors voting to bulldoze the statues:  District 5 Councilman Jim Strickland.

I'm done; you're welcome.

No comments: