Wednesday, December 31, 2008
This year is finally over, and not a second too soon.
Before I begin my year-end round-up, Vibinc and I joined other bloggers in NashVegas last night to meet with the candidates for TDP Chair. GoldnI and Aunt B. have the best reports, so I am sending you to them to get a feel for what happened. Vibinc may have something up later.
Now then, other than Election Day (outside Tennessee) and the World Series (OK, so I've got a soft spot for the Phils these days), can we agree that this year truly, madly, deeply SUCKED?
As the economy crept toward disaster, with the Bushies doing nothing until the bubbles all burst, our retirements evaporated, many lost jobs and those that didn't lost pay for the future. Oh well, 95% is better than 0%, eh? Happy Holidays!
Then on top of that, since Bush and Cheney failed to get us in a war with Iran, it seems that Israel is making a late effort to see that we go there; thanks, old friend! You know, I firmly believe in Israel's right to exist, but I also believe in the Palestinians' right to exist there, too, and that DOESN'T make me the bastard child of Martin Bormann, folks. This is not of the good, as our beloved Newscoma would say.
What I AM hoping for in the New Year:
1) That January 20 arrives before we find ourselves in WW IV.
2) That President Obama channels FDR, not Hoover, taking the actions to create jobs and wealth.
3) That I still have a job with the same pay at this time next year.
4) That the Republicans finally understand the difference between CREATING wealth and HOARDING wealth (not at all hopeful on that one, folks).
5) That we survive this coming year with our health and our hopes and our lives intact.
6) That Bush, Cheney and the rest get sent to The Hague for war crimes trials. Hell no, I ain't forgettin'!
7) That we all pull together to get through all of this crap in front of us. Remember, it took Bush eight years to destroy the Clinton prosperity and then some, so it will take a long time to rebuild America, please don't give up hope.
8) Which is not to say you shouldn't call bullshit if you see it!
OK, that's it, I will see you NEXT year!