Thursday, September 01, 2011

Three weeks? Really, Cracker?

Ok, I've been, well, busy.  I have a new woman in my life and she makes me happier than I have been in a very long time.  I am too busy enjoying these times to write right now.

Frankly, I look at the political situation and it depresses the shit out of me because evil is winning these days and we have a President too spineless to stop it, or even fight it.  I was hoping I had voted for a leader, and well, I got....well, I'll stop there before I get into trouble.

In other news, some of you regular readers might have turned to this page for a link to the 2011 Music & Heritage Festival schedule.  Well, you're not going to find it here.  Note that all links to the Center are gone; I parted ways with the Center in June, allowing them to move in the direction that a majority wanted but that I thought was potentially destructive.  For a good article about those times, I recommend Chris Davis' article in the Flyer.

Congratulations to Trace Sharp and Mike McWherter for their new website, Out of the Blue, it looks great. You will be able to find links to Democratic-leaning articles, as well as a place to sign up for THE DAILY BUZZ, which if you aren't receiving, you are missing out.

 Tonight, the Memphis football Tigers will open at home against Mississippi State.  For those of you who don't want to brave the huge throngs at the Liberty Bowl (note sarcasm), the game will be televised at 7 PM on SportSouth (Comcast 52 and 831-HD).

 I hope you have a great Labor Day weekend, I intend to; for the first time in years, it will not involve working a festival.  It's about time.  See you next week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, was hoping that I had voted for a leader(I still think he was the lesser of two evils) but his hands have been tied at every opportunity by "the other side".

Steve Steffens said...

True enough, but he refuses to use his bully pulpit to fight back; he is too busy seeking "compromise". He fails to understand that you don't negotiate with TERRORISTS, and that's what the TeaPublicans have become.

Whites Creek said...

Congratulations on being too busy to write. You deserve it.

Whitescreek

mike said...

Great article, I think you covered everything there. . . I would say freelancing is quite hard especially if you are not used to working on your own, can be quite hard to motivate yourself also. . . we all know what it is like to stare at the monitor. meizitang