Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I am donating this post to Steve Ross

As you are aware, my friend Steve Ross is seeking to fill the unexpired term of former County Commissioner Mike Carpenter.  He will be facing Steve Basar in the August general election.

I know little or nothing of Mr. Basar, but I'm not here to tell you why you shouldn't vote for him, I am here to tell you why you SHOULD vote for Steve Ross.  If you have read his posts at VIBINC over the years, you understand that no one researches issues like he does.  He truly understands the short and long-term issues facing Shelby County, and takes positions based on that research and what will best serve his potential constituency.  He's not someone who will swoon at a lobbyist who pushes a project for a benefactor, but he will listen to all parties before making a decision.

Most of all, he is one of US.  No, I'm not talking about being a blogger and a Democrat, both of which he is, I'm talking about the fact that he is a WORKING person.  He works for Nolan's Audio-visual while working on his degree at the U of M while campaigning for Commission.

We deeply need someone of his depth and intellect in this seat, someone who sees things not in terms of how (AND WHOM) an issue would benefit, but also its long-term ramifications.  In short, he's not like the Commissioners who allowed sprawl to injure the City of Memphis so a few developers could benefit.

He would work for ALL of us, and that is something Memphis and Shelby County desperately needs, so I am asking you to support in the August general election in District 1.  Please visit the website at www.votesteveross.com (you can donate to him there) and like his campaign on Facebook!

1 comment:

sbanbury said...

I'm donating this response to Steve Ross. His analysis of issues, maps and unique wit have informed my rabble rousing for years. If I lived in the district, he'd get my votes. He doesn't, so he'll have to settle for my stumping for him at all the East Memphis parties I attend this spring and summer.