Friday, October 07, 2005

It only took 88 years....



photos from WMAQ-TV and Chicago Tribune.


The Chicago White Sox, after a mere 88 years, swept out the defending World Series champion Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park this afternoon by the score of 5-3. They will play the winner of the Anaheim Angels-New York Yankees series beginning next week in the American League Championship Series.

Not living in Chicago, I can get away with rooting for both the Cubs and the Sox (when they play, I pull for the Cubs), so I am delirious at this moment. I have survived the Sox losing in the ALCS in 1983 and 1993, and being beaten in the 2000 ALDS by Seattle, despite having had the best record in the AL that year.

However, they never, EVER give up, despite being down earlier in the day, even adding an insurance run in the 9th on a suicide squeeze by Juan Uribe, bringing in the lumbering AJ Pierzcinski.

I feel a purchase of champagne is in order later this evening; if I'm not too hung over, I'll see you at Democratic Women tomorrow!

3 comments:

Steve Steffens said...

Rusty, the site was up earlier today, it probably got taken down because of his own comments, but it was fun to read.

soandsodem,

I prefer to think of myself as a Democratic Womanette..

Len said...

So now I can actually say I've met someone from outside the South Side (o'Chicaguh) who roots for the Sox.... Only took me about thirty or so years...

:-)

kibitzer said...

Isn't it embarassing, by the way, that the Yankees' catcher has to answer to the name "Whore, hey?"