Thursday, December 10, 2009

Meeting with FCC Commissioners THIS MONDAY

Free Press Action Fund

Dear Steve,

FCC Commissioners Mignon Clyburn and Michael Copps are coming to town, and so am I! We’ll all be in Memphis on Monday, Dec. 14, to attend the FCC’s field hearing on digital inclusion. Will I see you there, too?

I’ve seen firsthand how access to a fast, affordable and open Internet can benefit communities across the United States. The Internet has made it possible for me to stay connected with friends and family, to follow the latest news, to start my own blog and to remain up to date on the issues I care about.

For me, closing the digital divide is essential. That’s why I’m coming to Memphis -- so I can make my voice heard as the FCC discusses its national broadband strategy.

If you want to share your thoughts on how the Internet has had an impact on your life, you should attend the hearing, too.

Here are the event details:

What: FCC Field Hearing on Digital Inclusion
When: Monday, Dec. 14, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Where: National Civil Rights Museum, Rose Room, 450 Mulberry Street, Memphis, TN

We’ve set up a Facebook event for this hearing, so please add yourself if you plan on attending, and be sure to share the event with your friends in the area.

I hope you’ll come to the hearing to share your thoughts, listen to what the FCC has to say or just to say hello.

Thanks,

Jordan Berg Powers
Outreach Coordinator
Free Press
www.freepress.net

P.S. For more information on the digital divide, check out America Offline: Stories from the Digital Divide, our multimedia report.

No comments: