Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I am starting a project..

that will lead to another blog, non-political in nature.

As you may have noted, I have come to love Scottish and irish folk music in my middle years, which is why I hit CelticFest in Jackson and the North Texas Irish Festival in Dallas every year.

I am also fortunate to be able to stage-manage at ClanJamFry, the Memphis Scottish Festival for four of the last five years, with the assistance of Lauren, without whom I would have dissolved into a pool of water years ago.

As a result, with the help of some Cue members in the formatting of the site, I will be debuting within the month, a Celtic blog for the Mid-South, so that people who are like-minded can know what's going on in the vast Celtoworld that exists.

One might be surprised at how many great AMERICAN-based Celtic acts exists, and it will be the mission of this blog to highlight them and let people know about them.

Sure, I love Altan as much as anyone, but have you heard Kula yet? They are from SELMER, for heaven's sake, but you'd swear from their music that they just got off the boat from County Cork!

No, I'm not backing off the Cracker or the Cue for even a second, but we want people to know about this wonderful music of the isles and give it a listen. Without it, there's no bluegrass or country, which means no Rock N Roll, either!

OK, enough for now, I will let you know when we are up and running...

1 comment:

Sharon Cobb said...

Sounds very interesting! You might want to grab one of the great Celtic performances up on YouTube and put it up over here to give people an idea of the music who may not be familiar with it. There are quite a few groups on YouTube, including Steeleye Span.

I look forward to your new blog!