Friday, August 08, 2014

From Deidre Malone

I want to thank everyone who supported my bid for Shelby County Mayor. We ran a race that we can be proud of and we offered Shelby County a viable Democratic choice for Shelby County Mayor. I want to thank my family, campaign team, volunteers and donors for their unwavering support. To mention a few team members that worked so hard on this campaign: Randa Spears, Ian Randolph, Belinda Anderson, Dave Cambron, Diane Cambron, Brian Malone, Darrick Harris, Kermit Moore, Alandas Dobbins, Vicki Johnson, Dawn Carter, Latrivia Nelson, Gabriela Salinas, Gale Jones Carson, TaJuan Stout Mitchell, State Rep. GA Hardaway, Jesse Johnson, Anne Carter Nelson, Lauren Anderson, Regina Jones, Brittany Ousley and Debra Davis. To the Unions that supported this campaign: Memphis AFL-CIO Labor Council, United Steel Workers, Sheet Metal Workers, IBEW Local 1288, Ironworkers Union, Teamsters, Shelby County Firefighters, Shelby County Sheriff’s Deputy’s Association and the Tennessee Equality Project and Emily’s List – Thank You. I will be forever grateful for all that you did to get us this far. We cracked the glass ceiling for a woman winning a primary for Shelby County Mayor, we didn’t shatter it by winning the General Election but I’m hopeful for the next woman that makes the effort. I want to say a special thank you to Commissioner Steve Mulroy for his endorsement and willingness to aggressively campaign for me during the General Election. We had a hard fought Primary Election where some of my supporters accused him and his campaign of race baiting. I’ve known Steve Mulroy for years and he is not a racist and he has spent his life, professionally and personally, fighting racism and advancing civil rights and equality for all people. Thanks Steve for all you do for our community.
Deidre

No comments: