Monday, August 25, 2014

I am supporting Gordon Ball in the fall Senate race

I do have my concerns, which was a reason I supported Terry Adams in the primary.  The Ball campaign understands this,  but I believe Lamar Alexander has to be stopped now, because he is no longer the quasi-moderate that people make him out to be.  He sucked up to the Tea Partiers to offset Joe Carr, who pulled a stunning 41% in the GOP Primary against Alexander, who barely got 50 of the vote.

I also believe that to vote for Lamar Alexander is to vote for Ron Ramsey as Governor.  As I said earlier this year, I do not believe in any way that Alexander serves out a full term.  He is 74 years old and if he wins and serves out the term, he will be over 80.  If any of you thinks he will serve out the term, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you.

I fully believe that if we make the mistake of re-electing LAMAR! to another term, in about 24-48 months, he will suddenly announce that he has "health problems" and will be unable to finish his term.  And, faster than you can say boo, Governor Bill Haslam will resign, and be appointed to the seat by the new Governor, Ron Ramsey.

Any of you reading this post think that is a good idea?   I didn't think so.

So, whatever misgivings I had in the primary about Gordon Ball are out the window now.  It's time to save the state, and we can only do so by supporting Ball for the US Senate seat, which I will do, happily.

1 comment: