Thursday, November 27, 2008

Why are you thankful today?

Well, here's why I give thanks today, not necessarily in order of importance:

1.  Barack Obama will become President January 20, and we can finally begin to turn this country in the right direction.



2.  That I work for the most well-managed company on Earth, so that I am not yet worried about maintaining employment.

3.  That I have the most amazing, wonderful and varied group of friends a person can have, from Chicago to Little Rock to Hooterville and concentrated in the Cradle of Popular Culture, Memphis.

4.  That among those friends are people who are going to rebuild the State Democratic Party, whether it likes it or not.

5.  That I know things WILL get better for this country, although not nearly as quickly as we all want.

6. For YOU, the readers who come back whether I have something to say or not.

7. For the family that I have that is far away, and for the family I have made with the people that are here.

8.  And above all else, Lauren.  What else needs be said?

Go hang out, eat, and ENJOY!

Happy Thanksgiving

2 comments:

Newscoma said...

I'm thankful for you as well, my friend.

Tom Guleff said...

"Cradle of Popular Culture, Memphis" - classic.