Sunday, March 15, 2009

OK, then.

VITO CORLEONE (exhales, bows his head; physically shaken and weakened)

I want -- all inquiries made. I want no acts of vengeance. I want you to arrange a meeting, with the heads of the Five Families. This war stops now.
- THE GODFATHER - 1972

Well, maybe I did overreact. I'm hardly the white Thaddeus Matthews, but I have been frustrated with the SCDP Chair race.

I am frustrated because I am only hearing one side of this, the Jay Bailey side. I have been hoping to hear from the Van Turner side so they can make their case. I don't claim to speak for Bailey, and I accused Ross of being the spokesman for Turner because he has been quiet, too quiet.

Look, right at this point in time, I'm not comfortable with either one, because I don't know Van Turner and because I do know Jay Bailey. OK, wait, that's not really right or fair, either. I know their SUPPORTERS, and these two men right now are largely defined by their supporters, which, in a way, is the problem.

We are at a very critical time for the Shelby County Democratic Party, who, despite having a demographic dominance due to its urban nature, is extremely disorganized, which hurts not only Shelby County but all of West Tennessee. A strong SCDP can go beyond its borders to shore up parties in our neighboring counties with manpower and money. We aren't even close to that now, we are always one step away from the poorhouse, and it's ridiculous.

If I had to vote right now, it would be for None of the Above, because I have no real confidence in Jay Bailey and I haven't the faintest clue who Van Turner is. THAT'S what I've been screaming like a banshee about, give me a reason to believe.

We cannot afford another two years of aimless drift, because it doesn't just hurt us, it hurts everyone around us. Right now, unless I know more about Turner, I can't recommend him. I have been on the verge of calling for Gale Jones Carson or David Cocke to come back and take the reins and right the ship. I've worked with them, I know them, I TRUST THEM.

Maybe Van Turner's that kind of guy. Maybe he isn't. What I DO know is that the only case his supporters have made on his behalf is that he's not in the pocket of Upton or Chism. Hell, at least they have records you can follow. This is what I mean about being defined by your supporters.

I know there are people who have valid reasons to support Van, but they are not ready to make those reasons public. I understand, and that is perfectly fine. It's not really your
responsibility, anyway, it's HIS.

We need a strong leader right now, someone who can inspire people to go work for this Party and its principles. Please give us a reason to believe that the only two choices that we apparently have are not poor ones.

Make me believe.

2 comments:

dsfgsdfgsdfgds said...

看房子,買房子,建商自售,自售,台北新成屋,台北豪宅,新成屋,豪宅,美髮儀器,美髮,儀器,髮型,EMBA,MBA,學位,EMBA,專業認證,認證課程,博士學位,DBA,PHD,在職進修,碩士學位,推廣教育,DBA,進修課程,碩士學位,網路廣告,關鍵字廣告,關鍵字,廣告,課程介紹,學分班,文憑,牛樟芝,段木,牛樟菇,日式料理, 台北居酒屋,燒肉,結婚,婚宴場地,推車飲茶,港式點心,尾牙春酒,台北住宿,國內訂房,台北HOTEL,台北婚宴,飯店優惠,台北結婚,婚宴場地,推車飲茶,港式點心,尾牙春酒,住宿,訂房,HOTEL,飯店,造型系列,學位,牛樟芝,腦磷脂,磷脂絲胺酸,SEO,婚宴,捷運,學區,美髮,儀器,髮型,牛樟芝,腦磷脂,磷脂絲胺酸,看房子,買房子,建商自售,自售,房子,捷運,學區,台北新成屋,台北豪宅,新成屋,豪宅,學位,碩士學位,進修,在職進修, 課程,教育,學位,證照,mba,文憑,學分班,網路廣告,關鍵字廣告,關鍵字,SEO,关键词,网络广告,关键词广告,SEO,关键词,网络广告,关键词广告,SEO,台北住宿,國內訂房,台北HOTEL,台北婚宴,飯店優惠,住宿,訂房,HOTEL,飯店,婚宴,台北住宿,國內訂房,台北HOTEL,台北婚宴,飯店優惠,住宿,訂房,HOTEL,飯店,婚宴,台北住宿,國內訂房,台北HOTEL,台北婚宴,飯店優惠,住宿,訂房,HOTEL,飯店,婚宴,結婚,婚宴場地,推車飲茶,港式點心,尾牙春酒,台北結婚,婚宴場地,推車飲茶,港式點心,尾牙春酒,結婚,婚宴場地,推車飲茶,港式點心,尾牙春酒,台北結婚,婚宴場地,推車飲茶,港式點心,尾牙春酒,結婚,婚宴場地,推車飲茶,港式點心,尾牙春酒,台北結婚,婚宴場地,推車飲茶,港式點心,尾牙春酒,居酒屋,燒烤,美髮,儀器,髮型,美髮,儀器,髮型,美髮,儀器,髮型,美髮,儀器,髮型,小套房,小套房,進修,在職進修,留學,證照,MBA,EMBA,留學,MBA,EMBA,留學,進修,在職進修,牛樟芝,段木,牛樟菇,住宿,民宿,飯宿,旅遊,住宿,民宿,飯宿,旅遊,住宿,民宿,飯宿,旅遊,住宿,民宿,飯宿,旅遊,住宿,民宿,飯宿,旅遊,住宿,民宿,飯宿,旅遊,住宿,民宿,飯宿,旅遊,美容,美髮,整形,造型,美容,美髮,整形,造型,美容,美髮,整形,造型,美容,美髮,整形,造型,美容,美髮,整形,造型,美容,美髮,整形,造型,美容,美髮,整形,造型,設計,室內設計,裝潢,房地產,設計,室內設計,裝潢,房地產,設計,室內設計,裝潢,房地產,設計,室內設計,裝潢,房地產,設計,室內設計,裝潢,房地產,設計,室內設計,裝潢,房地產,設計,室內設計,裝潢,房地產,設計,室內設計,裝潢,房地產,進修,在職進修,MBA,EMBA,進修,在職進修,MBA,EMBA,進修,在職進修,MBA,EMBA,進修,在職進修,MBA,EMBA,進修,在職進修,MBA,EMBA,進修,在職進修,MBA,EMBA,進修,在職進修,MBA,EMBA,住宿,民宿,飯店,旅遊,美容,美髮,整形,造型,設計,室內設計,裝潢,房地產,進修,在職進修,MBA,EMBA,關鍵字排名,網路行銷,关键词排名,网络营销,網路行銷,關鍵字排名,关键词排名,网络营销,羅志祥,周杰倫,五月天,蔡依林,林志玲,羅志祥,周杰倫,五月天,蔡依林,林志玲,PMP,在職專班,研究所在職專班,碩士在職專班,PMP,證照,在職專班,研究所在職專班,碩士在職專班,網頁設計,網站設計,網頁設計,網站設計,网页设计,网站设计,网站设计,网页设计

Anonymous said...

酒店喝酒

酒店消費

喝花酒

粉味

酒店經紀



酒店經紀

酒店經紀

酒店經紀茵悅

酒店經紀

酒店經紀

酒店經紀

酒店經紀

酒店經紀


酒店經紀

酒店經紀茵悅

台北酒店經紀

酒店打工

寒假打工