Sunday, June 07, 2009

A BIG, BIG THANK YOU

To my teammates in Samurai Cooder, our Memphis Trivia League team. (If Ryburn can talk about his, I can talk about mine!)

We didn't win the City Finals tonight, didn't make the top 15 for prizes, but we had a great year, winning eight times during the regular season at our home location, Tug's in Harbor Town. That got us into the semifinals, where we placed in the top 12 and qualified for tonight, along with 71 other teams.

Thanks again to Dabney & Glen, Alex, Jim, and of course, the lovely Lauren, who talked me into playing again when I quit for a while. We'll continue to play on Tuesday nights (but not this one upcoming) and look forward to a new season.

1 comment:

fancycwabs said...

Pft. I got brought in as a ringer for a team a month ago and got them into the finals, only to not even be called to show up last night. I hope they got embarrassed and had to pay a massive bar tab.