Wednesday, March 31, 2010

More about Kim getting out

I hadn't decided, but I admire what Kim McMillan has done so far, and think she would have been a better Governor than what we have had for the last 16 years (granted, that's not saying much).

As someone who has made habit of supporting female candidates for executive positions (See Chumney, Carol, 2002-2007 and Malone, Deidre, 2010) I wanted Kim to do well.  However, despite her Energizer Bunny-like work ethic, she just never got traction in a male-dominated field.  I guess the idea of gender equality still scares the crap out of men down here, I'll never figure that out.

In any event, Kim, I wish you the best and hope you are elected Mayor.  With any luck, females will be governing the State's 5th most-populous city and its most populous County.

Give em hell!

No comments: