Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I am hitting another block period

Where I really can't get cranked up enough to write. This, even though Pesky and Jeff are doing a tag-team beatdown on the wingnut local bloggers, Rick and Sharon did yeoman work trying to prevent an execution that should NOT take place, and Jon starts up the much-anticipated Abdullah Watch.

I was on vacation last week, and, other than a drive to my parents' and grandparents graves in Weiner, Arkansas, I did nothing. Oh, I went to the ExecCom and DL, but that's it. I can't get excited about the Mayor's race, because I am getting more worried by the day that we will be stuck with Herenton for four more years, and I seriously doubt that the city can survive his incompetence.

I don't know what's causing this lack of energy, unless it's that my outrage level, on full alert since January 20, 2001, has drained me to the point where I wonder if I can get ready for the fall elections.

I hope to snap out of it soon, we'll see what happens....

4 comments:

Newscoma said...

Sort of in the same space you are, my cyber buddy.

Tom Guleff said...

You are getting sleepy, very sleepy, your eyes are getting heavier, you are getting sleepy, vey sleepy ...relax your breathing.. on the simple count of 3, you will awake as clerk on the RNC staff...1 , 2, .......

captainkona said...

Clerk of the RNC? :D
A fate worse than death.

That's why I blog so much on national issues. Bristol is an unexciting town and there's really not much to write about. I know Memphis is more happening, but local blogging gets exhaustive trying to get info.

Still, I would know much less about West TN politics if it weren't for you, LWC. Keep up the good work.

And whatever you do, don't fall asleep!

Brassmask said...

Been right there, buddy.

Everybody has to take breaks.