Thursday, July 31, 2008

I have been released

Someone, and you can be DAMN SURE I will find out who, went to a great deal of trouble to get this blog flagged as a SPAM blog.  Fortunately, I followed BLOGGER.COM procedure, they investigated and found nothing.

It sure seems funny that, a week before the election, someone went to a lot of trouble to silence this blog.  It's not going to work, I intend to post EVERY DAY from now until the election in support of the candidates for whom I voted.  You will NOT stop this blog.


HELP
I AM BLOCKED AS WELL. I have been trying to deal with blogger help...seems A LOT of political bloggers are locked out.

I posted the question if this was political, specifically if CHINA blocking Internet access before and during the games (Which we know has happened) if GOOGLE is working WITH CHINA on CENSORSHIP.

Please get the message out. If you go to blogger help online, it's almost all political bloggers blocked.

HELP. I'm being held hostage by blogger.

Write about it, Cracker, please! This is NOT a coincidence. There's something BIG going on here.---and my best guess is it has to do with Google helping China block political blogs.

I've been marked as "spam" for hours...as has Skippy and others.

After all these years, this is not a coincidence.

S.O.S.

10 comments:

memphistigersfan said...

Long live the Cracker...go to hell Tinker

Sharon Cobb said...

HELP
I AM BLOCKED AS WELL. I have been trying to deal with blogger help...seems A LOT of political bloggers are locked out.

I posted the question if this was political, specifically if CHINA blocking Internet access before and during the games (Which we know has happened) if GOOGLE is working WITH CHINA on CENSORSHIP.

Please get the message out. If you go to blogger help online, it's almost all political bloggers blocked.

HELP. I'm being held hostage by blogger.

Write about it, Cracker, please! This is NOT a coincidence. There's something BIG going on here.---and m best guess is it has to do with Google helping China block political blogs.

I've been marked as "spam" for hours...as has Skippy and others.

After all these years, this is not a coincidence.

S.O.S.

autoegocrat said...

Sharon, do me a favor and try to save your Site Meter reports for yesterday. Get me the IP addresses for approximately six hours leading up to your notice from Blogspot.

vibinc said...

Got me too.

Tom Guleff said...

I got the same message. At first I thought it was the vast left wing conspiracy, then I thought it was the vast right wing conspiracy .....

Here's the e-mail I received:


Hello,

Your blog at: http://tomguleff.blogspot.com/ has been identified as a potential spam blog. To correct this, please request a review by filling out the form at http://www.blogger.com/unlock-blog.g?lockedBlogID=27445750

Your blog will be deleted within 20 days if it isn't reviewed, and you'll be unable to publish posts during this time. After we receive your request, we'll review your blog and unlock it within two business days. If this blog doesn't belong to you, you don't have to do anything, and any other blogs you may have won't be affected.

We find spam by using an automated classifier. Automatic spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and occasionally a blog like yours is flagged incorrectly. We sincerely apologize for this error. By using this kind of system, however, we can dedicate more storage, bandwidth, and engineering resources to bloggers like you instead of to spammers. For more information, please see Blogger Help: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42577

Thank you for your understanding and for your help with our spam-fighting efforts.

Sincerely,

The Blogger Team

P.S. Just one more reminder: Unless you request a review, you won't be able to use your blog. Click this link to request the review: http://www.blogger.com/unlock-blog.g?lockedBlogID=27445750

Newscoma said...

Blue Gal is reporting that it's widespread.
I'm so glad I moved to wordpress.

MickeyWhite said...

i have complianed to google that ANYONE can go and have any blog excluded from thier blog search.

MickeyWhite said...

if you don't like somemone's blog (doesn't have to be a google blog) then entering the blog name in exclude my blog... will result in google searches skipping your blog

MickeyWhite said...

ofcourse that is only for google searches.

Sharon Cobb said...

Folks--Here's something interesting, which I thought nothing of at the time.

For the last month, Sitemeter showed someone from Google on my site every single night/morning between midnight and 1 am. I can still access my Sitemeter, and last night was the first time in a month they WEREN'T on my site!

auto, I'll be glad to check and see who was on if it still shows. Should I send it to you?

Maybe a Google employee did this. Maybe Google was helping China unblock the blogs they had blocked a month ago. Maybe it's a virus.

All I know is Google has not put out a statement, and that's VERY odd.

I don't know if it's related to China or not, but it's some kind of hit. I don't believe it's a coincidence given they were on my site every night for a month except last night.