Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I feel like I'm waiting for the the Party to die after a long illness.

I'm not talking about at the local level, there are still more of us (D) than THEM (R) in Shelby County, but after what happened to Paul Hackett in Ohio, I wonder how even Howard Dean can turn the national Democratic Party around.

As you may have read in Autoegocrat's post, Chuck Schumer and Harry Reid called Paul Hackett's donors and asked them to cut him off. Yes, that's right, they saw to it that his money dried up. This is NOT the DSCC's job; their job is to stay the fuck out until AFTER the primary and THEN help who ever the VOTERS decide should be the Democratic nominee.

You can see that here, as the DSCC refuses to even recognize that Rosalind Kurita's Senate campaign exists; they have attached themselves to Junior like baby hogs to their mother's tit.

I, for one, am tired of it. It is mighty damned infuriating to be told who I can and can't support by some moron in Washington who is afraid to stand up to a would-be dictator like Bush.

I have made the following decision: I will NEVER vote for a Republican unless Lincoln or Winthrop Rockefeller comes back from the dead. But I'll be damned if I EVER vote for another Democrat who doesn't live up to what a Democrat is supposed to be: Pro-labor, Pro-working and middle-class, pro-FAIR trade.

If things don't turn around and quick, I might be going to the polls just to vote for Mike Kernell this November, and then go home. I hope that's not the case.

4 comments:

Chris Davis said...

A-effing-men Cracker.

kibitzer said...

Question: since the forthcomiong Junior-Obaka meet-and-greet is clearly a DSCC affair, why not picket it? I don't mean with anti-Junior signs (though that, too, would be an option), but "DSCC, Let the People Decide" signs or whatever?

Brassmask said...

Brilliant idea, kibitzer.

I'm for that.

Michael Roy Hollihan said...

Regardless of the party, when the politicians are calling the donors and telling them where the money goes, something is seriously bass-ackwards. Even as a conservative and a Libertarian who really wants the Democrats to implode, I still find Schumer's behavior appalling.