Saturday, June 10, 2006

Blogger's Bash was a HIT!

UPDATE: Thanks to Brock of Battlepanda, we have pictures!

It was a night in which I finally met the magnificent Autoegocrat and the Freedonian. In addtion to Mr. Mike, our master of ceremonies, among those in attendance were the Pesky Fly (twice!), MemphisBlue, Wintermute (The Daily Docket), the West Tennessee Liberal his own self, Kibitzer, Mark from The Conservative Zone, Mike Cromer, Brock, formerly of the late lamented Dark Bilious Vapors (Len, you still could have come, where were you?), blogger and Sheriff's candidate John Harvey, and the 70s Kid.

Sorry for anyone I may have missed, Mike will let me know.


OK, Thaddeus, where were YOU? All in all, a fun night that may lead to technological advancements in blogging around here, more about that later. As soon as I see wher Brock put the pictures, I will link there!

12 comments:

autoegocrat said...

I found my keys. They were in the passenger seat.

Brock said...

Pix here:

http://battlepanda.blogspot.com/2006/06/blogger-bash-pix.html

Michael Roy Hollihan said...

Dude, I told you to check the car! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I agree it was a goodie. Seasonal would be better than semi-annual. Nice to have met you.

Brassmask said...

It was phenomenal.

Blinders Off said...

I had every intentions of coming, but you never know how bad chemo will have you feeling on the day you take it. Will there be another blogger bash this year?

Michael Roy Hollihan said...

Yeah, tentative plans are for early August. Anyone got a pool we can use? It's gonna be hot.

Len said...

LWC: I was otherwise occupied. And since Mike insists that the bash is only open to active bloggers, I figured I was disqualified anyway.

Besides, look at who all showed up when I stayed away. Trust me, the best thing I did for the Memphis Blogosphere was to quit blogging....

:-)

Memphis Chix said...

Now, Len, that just ain't right a-tall.
Find us a pool & you're re-invited!

Michael Roy Hollihan said...

Well, I'm not *insistent* on active blogging and you've indicated before IIRC that you're on a hiatus of indefinite length, so I'd say come on down! Same would apply to anyone who used to blog and intends to take it back up one day.

It's when you get into commenters and regular readers that I start drawing the line. There needs to be *some* point of commonality and writing a blog is it.

RETARDO MONTALBAN said...

Steve,

Next time there is one of these get-togethers, could you or someone let me know?

I never did much blogging about local stuff, and I moved out of Memphis this winter anyway, but am still interested in the scene, and would come to a bash if able (I'm not far away).

Steve Steffens said...

We're shooting for August...Haven't seen you much at BTF/Primer recently....