Tuesday, October 02, 2007

FOX13 and Rasmussen prove that Herman and the CA are lyin' yella dogs!

I had heard about that bullshit poll that the CA tried to foist off on the public as real.  I heard Wendi Thomas said Carol should "take one for the team" and get out of the race.  Wendi, you, Chris Peck and all the other corporate ass-kissers can kiss mine, because the Fox13/Rasmussen poll proves what we've known all along: there are only two people who can win this race, and NEITHER of them are named Herman Morris. 

The numbers are clear: the incumbent is at 36%, Carol has 35%, Morris has 22% with a +/- of 4.5%, so even with the error in his favor, he STILL trails both the leaders.  Oh yeah, I saw the signs that say Only Herman Can Win!  If it weren't so sad. it would be downright pathetic.

Speaking of pathetic, apparently Senior never showed up at Mount Vernon Baptist Church, and you have to wonder if he even knew about this.  Face it, folks, he lives in Miami and could care less what goes on here, because all the people who helped keep he and his son in office are either old, infirm, or deceased.  Who knows what that is about?

I will say it again: if you have not yet voted and will vote on Thursday, remember this if you remember nothing else: A vote for anyone other than Carol Chumney is a vote for Willie Herenton.  I have a better chance to replace Pau Gasol at center for the Grizzlies than Herman Morris does of becoming mayor, so if you want change, there's ONLY ONE OPTION: Carol Chumney.

7 comments:

MemphisPI said...

Ralph Nader is alive and well in Memphis aka Herman Morris

Formerly Considered Moderate said...

Do the words robo-poll mean anything to you guys? Fox 13 - robo-poll. Worthless and run last Thursday during the unwarranted fever over the Yacoubian worthless poll. People need to make their own choice. All numbers will have changed by tomorrow.

lila said...

FOX did this poll. THINK about it; FOX is that reputable NEWS agency that we all know we can trust! Give me a break. This is a joke. Look at the signs, talk to people, and more importantly, watch the final results tomorrow as Herman Morris becomes our next mayor!

Steve Steffens said...

Spin, spin, spin........

Rasmussen is a reputable national firm, ZOGBY is the rob and internet poll company.

Herman is toast on a stick, and I appreciate that you are sticking with your guy, but he has peaked, and at 12 percent less than either Carol or the mayor....

Jim Maynard said...

I guess so much for democracy, we should just look at the polls and vote accordingly. I don't believe any of these polls, they are often off quit a bit. What they do show is that Herenton is ahead and NEITHER Chumney nor Morris can win with the other in the race. I can just as easily argue that it is CHUMNEY who is stopping Morris from beating Herenton, which he would do easily if Chumney was not in the race.
But I don't vote based on polls, I vote for who I think is the best candidate. I believe that person is Herman Morris. I doubt I will EVER vote for Carol Chumney again.
And I could live with Herenton being re-elected. I think he has been one if not THE best mayor the city has ever had, though I think it is time for a new Mayor. I don't really see how Carol Chumney would be better. (What the hell can she or any Mayor do to solve the crime problem in Memphis? Crime is caused by a lot of social forces that have NOTHING to do with the Mayor.)
A white candidate is NOT going to win. That is why i think Herman Morris is not only the best candidate, but has the best chance of winning. I think the CA poll was more accurate than the other one based on the Morris signs popping up in my neighborhood.. and I think a couple have replaced CarolChumney signs.

Will Beaty said...

Jim Maynard just said he'd rather than Herenton than Chumney. Wow.

Jim, are you slowly morphing in the gay Thaddeus Matthews?

Save This MG said...

We aren't talking about the bigger picture here. Only 30someodd percent of registered voters voted. A minority voice is making decisions for the city. Where are the other folks???