Saturday, September 20, 2008

One down, one to go!

Courtesy Chicago Tribune

First, before I go further, I want to thank everyone for your thoughts on the passing of Missy, it meant a lot to me, and it is deeply appreciated. Lauren and I worked ClanJamFry today and it helped take our mind off things.

Now then, The Cubs clinched their second straight NL Central Championship today, against the Cardinals. Now, if the Sox will just go into the Humperdome this week and sweep the Twinkies, BOTH Chicago teams will be in the playoffs, and that would be a delight.

4 comments:

ContrAltoDelete said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kerry said...

I totally agree, except for the part about the Cubs!

Joe Baseball said...

Amen, brother! I want to see the Red Sox-Cubs World Series we should have had in 2003, but I would be only marginally less excited about a Chicago El Series.
Thanks for all your good work!

Anonymous said...

Eh the Red Sox have already won two. Id rather see a Tampa-Cubs Series. Lord help Chicago if its the Cubs and White Sox. Also I wonder what Steve Bartman is doing these days? Poor Mark Prior was never the same after that.