Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Keep fighting, Senator, we're pulling for you!


Bill Greene/Boston Globe

The Lion of the Senate has a malignant brain tumor, as most of you know by now. The prognosis is not good, but look at him here; does this look like a man who's prepared to give up? He has never given up on ANYTHING before, and I don't expect him to do so now.

Edward Moore Kennedy has fought for the things that matter throughout his 46-year career in the US Senate, whether it be healthcare for all, the rights of women and minorities, environmental and labor issues. He has done all this despite suffering from chronic back pain that resulted from a 1964 plane crash that nearly killed he and then-Senator Birch Bayh of Indiana. He NEVER gives up.

Not only that, he gets things DONE by working with people on both sides of the aisle, so much so that when it was announced at the REPUBLICAN policy meeting that Senator Kennedy had a brain tumor, they stopped what they were doing for a moment of prayer.

And so, that's what I want all of you to do, now and until he beats this thing: pray to the deity of your choosing for his full recovery, because we need him now, and President Obama will need him next spring. He's done so much for all of us, that's the least we can do for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never can tell about these things. Doctors at the Jackson Clinic in Jackson back in 1986 told my dad to go home, there wasnt anything they could do. He went to the old Baptist in Memphis for a second opinion and ended up living for seven more years.

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for all the great info, we can only hope that Senator Kennedy pulls through! I was browsing through a bunch of political websites and blogs (mostly liberal ones) and I came across your blog and find it to be very interesting. There are a bunch of others I like too, like huff post, and other news sites like politico. Do you know of any that cover politics and the environment? I saw earthlab.com which has mostly environmental info but some politics. I took EarthLab.com’s carbon calculator (http://www.earthlab.com/signupprofile/). I was pretty easy to use (and it doesn’t make me feel guilty after I take it). Are there any other blogs you would recommend? Can you drop me a link to your favorites or any ones with green info?