Perhaps the biggest story of the week broke in the wee hours of Saturday morning, when Obama named Joe Biden as his pick for Vice President. So far, the reaction across the progressive blogosphere in Tennessee seems to mirror that of liberals nationwide: reaction covers the spectrum from hot to tepid to cold.
Given the large number of blog posts discussing the choice of Biden and the diversity of opinions on the topic, this week's roundup is devoted exclusively to that subject.
• 55-40 Memphis: It's official now
• Carole Borges: Joe Biden is perfect! I'm excited once again.
• The Crone Speaks: Obama Says it is Biden, I Say More of the Same
• Don Williams: Obama-Biden’s a brilliant ticket, but only if they win, natch
• KnoxViews: Joe Biden
• Lean Left: Hello, Joe! (Whadda ya know?)
• Left Of The Dial: Hey Barack
• Left Wing Cracker: I think it's going to work..
• Nashville for the 21st Century: Asshatery at Fournier's "Associated Press"
• Russ McBee: A quick thought on Joe Biden
• Sharon Cobb: BREAKING: Obama Picks Joe Biden!
• Silence Isn't Golden: It's Definitely Biden
• Tennessee Guerilla Women: Obama Picks a Bro: It's Biden
• Vibinc: The Veep-Stakes Fiasco [Ed. note: OK, the Vibinc post isn't a reaction per se, since it was written on Friday, but it's still relevant. Sue me.]
And finally, Katie Allison Granju blogs on the subject from her new home at KnoxNews.com, "Because I Said So":
• Because I Said So: Obama didn't get this one right