Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Breaking News: Calvin leaves, Greg moves UP

Breaking news: Calvin Anderson has decided to leave the State Election Commission, and will be replaced by Greg Duckett, who was the Shelby County Democratic legislative delegation's choice, apparently the ONLY choice.

The delegation is looking for applicants to replace Duckett on the SCEC, I will have more on that later. I believe I am breaking this story, cuz I gots SOURCES, and I'm not telling who they are.......

Watch this space for updates later this evening on how to apply, etc.

10 comments:

autoegocrat said...

John Harvey.

Tom Guleff said...

John for Greg, that would be a huge upgrade.

Blinders Off said...

I couldn't AGREE with you more Autoegocrat

Steve Steffens said...

There is NO way that that will happen; this seat is going to a full-blown Democrat, not someone who has leaned Republican as much as John has.

This is going to a Party person, mud, blood or shit, folks, sorry about that.

I LIKE John, and I wish the GOP would put him on, but we're not, and that's just the way it is.

John Harvey said...

There was a time when I wanted to serve on this board, but I've since adopted a Marxist policy. I don't want to be a member of any group that would have me as a member! (That was Groucho Marx, by the way)

Steve Steffens said...

I think you could raise some serious hell, but I know the delegation (Democratic, any way) won't put you on.

The GOP's probably just as scared of you, John!

Anonymous said...

This affair has been handled in an unseemly clandestine manner.

Dabney said...

They made an announcement at the Convention last Saturday that they were taking applications and that all you had to do was pick one up or talk to anyone in the Shelby County Delegation.

polar donkey said...

Can we get some one who is interested in Vote by Mail.

Tom Guleff said...

I nominate Joe Cooper.