Saturday, October 28, 2006

Well congratulations are in order for the Cardinals fans..




Well, Jody may have been picking them all year long, but I never believed it, especially after they nearly blew a 7-game lead in the last week and a half. I thought the padres would beat them, then I thought the Mets would beat them, and even after they pulled the upset to get into the Series, I never thought they had a chance.

OOPS.

Well, my congratulations to the Cardinal fans around here, and I know there are many of them, I remember how I felt last year.

5 comments:

Richmond said...

As far as the Cubs go, maybe they can match the RED SOX, White Sox and Cardinals in eliminating long waits next year or the year after or the year after or maybe by 2108!!

Blinders Off said...

Thank you for being gracious... it is about time the Cards brought it back to St. Louis. Wainwright took them to the World Series and kept it home! I remember the last one vividly...I wonder if the t-shirts given to all newborns that day , "I am a world series baby" are worth anything on E-bay :-)

kibitzer said...

The only thing that pissed me off about the outcome was that, by literally throwing awawy at least two games, the Tigers deprived Kenny Rogers of the chance for a second Series start — and thereby a shot at the consecutive post-season scoreless innings record.

kibitzer said...

My first try at this evidently got eaten by Blogger:

The only thing that pissed me off about the outcome was that, by literally throwing away at least two games, the Tigers deprived Kenny Rogers of the chance for a second Series start — and thereby a shot at the consecutive post-season scoreless innings record.

Len said...

Hey, I gave up on them mid-September. I figured that the Astros were charmed, that the Cards were developing terminal brain-spasms, and that "2006 Cardinals" was going to go down with "1964 Phillies" in the history of majestic late season swoons.

I think they won it all just to spite me. I'll take it, though.