Monday, February 06, 2006

Bolton Jumps in to the 9th District Race

Longtime Shelby County Commissioner Julian Bolton is now a candidate for the 9th Congressional District being vacated by whats-his-name.

One can only imaginer how this might affect the race, and who might opt not to run because of this announcement. Frankly, I hope EVERYBODY who is announced runs, because we ought to have a choice, and I believe that whether or not Steve Cohen gets in the race that they ought to stay.

Frankly, we could use new blood around here; let's see what happens with this new crop of candidates and see if they can withstand the rigors of campaigning.

Flame away.

2 comments:

Chris Davis said...

I'd hearrd rumblings that JB might run. I too hope the fresh blood sticks.

Steve Steffens said...

Ahem. I was referring to Pratcher, Stanton, Harris, Whitman, etc. Certainly Bolton has blood that needs Geritol, I would think....