Friday, April 14, 2006

Now, to confuse you even further...

Despite having eviscerated my congressman in the preceding post, I am now going to reverse course and defend his aunt Ophelia.

Go ahead, I know, you're all going WTF????????

No, I'm NOT on medication, nor do I need to be. Senator Ophelia Ford, despite a Channel 3 interview that my dear Lauren said made her seem like Scarlett O'Hara, has, from all reports, done a very creditable job in her first term. She has sponsored legislation to aid her constituents and worked closely with the Democratic delegation from Shelby County. Anyone here think Terry Roland would be working on behalf of the majority of the residents? Yeah, right.

The point is that session is almost over, so what's the point in removing her now? And why the hell did Jim Kyle and Roy Herron vote to send this to the floor? Now, it's my turn to say it: WTF???????

No matter what you thought of the special election, it's now moot. She has filed for re-election, and with the increased turnout, she will win re-nomination and re-election because she is about to become a sympathetic figure. Enough's enough and people need to get off her back and let the people in District 29 judge her performance this year. I suspect they will be more likely to vote for her now than before.

And Terry Roland can go back to Millington and cry in his beer for all I care. And take Richard Fields with him.


4 comments:

Brassmask said...

I saw that they had voted to overturn last night and my thought was Why?

I'm not really a fan of Ophelia's either but I don't see the point in overturning at this point either.

I still haven't heard why she wanted the job in the first place.

polar donkey said...

The republicans want to keep the Ford name in the news as long as it is tied to election corruption. Plus, they have the votes. Why wouldn't they take a pound of flesh. I don't think the repubicans care much for political mercy.

Steve Steffens said...

Yes, I know; I supported Steve Haley against her last year...

polar donkey said...

I forgot about Haley. He can even speak about issues.

On a side note, since God installed Opehlia, is he also making the republicans throw her out? Do you think God and the Devil are doing wager type thing with Opephlia just like they did with Job?