Friday, August 11, 2006

WTL lays the smackdown

about last night's re-election of Matt Kuhn, in which he spares no one, even Kuhn.

Go read it here, after you've read Jackson Baker's sterling coverage of the event.

Choice cut:

Last night Matt Kuhn won the chairmanship over Jay Bailey. The rest of the officers and steering committee were reelected as well. This committee has had its problems, but I for one am getting sick and tired of the whole "the new people are Republicans who don't do anything" narrative. I'll speak for myself for a moment. For the last 2 months, I've been working 5-6 days a week for several Democratic candidates. I've also voted in every single Democratic primary since I turned 18. I've given money to the party on a monthly basis, plus at every fundraiser we've had since I got elected. That's more than the party has gotten from Jay Bailey in the past year in donations. Many other committee members worked equally tirelessly in this past election. Others did not. The work ethic is both impressive and depressing across the factions.

No comments: