Monday, June 04, 2007

Steve Gilliard 1966-2007

I have been out of town all weekend with friends, getting away after a hectic May. I was trying to catch up on Bloglines when I hit Pesky's site to see that what I had feared had come to pass: Steve Gilliard, editor and publisher of THE NEWS BLOG, had passed away at the age of 41 after months in the hospital due to heart and other health problems.

Those of you who are regular readers know how fierce he was and how direct he was, but always how he captured events all over the world PRECISELY. Those of you on my email list knew that they would get 3-4 posts a week from him via Bloglines. His posts not only entertained me, they EDUCATED me, and I shall miss his writings terribly.

Other reactions are here:

James Wolcott

Sara Robinson (Orcinus)

Jane Hamsher (FireDogLake)

Tom Watson


No comments: