Thursday, June 03, 2010

I'm having a hard time writing these days

I took today and tomorrow off, as I need to recover from BratFest.  So, I see my numbers dwindling, and it's because I haven't been writing.

It's not like there's nothing to write about, there's TOO MUCH to write about, between the baby-killing Senate Republicans taking money to reduce infant mortality out of the state budget, to President Obama's impotent response to the BP oil disaster (he just needs to take them over, do what it takes to get the leak stopped, and force them to pay for all of it, even if they have to go bankrupt) and the general rage I have at Democrats for their abject failure to address and attack our nation's problems.

INCREMENTALISM IS NOT WORKING, MOFOS. GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND BREAK UP THE BANKS. REINSTATE GLASS-STEAGALL. NOW.

And if you're a person who has changed their deity from some god to the marketplace, take that shit somewhere else; I'm not here for a debate, I'm here for ADVOCACY.  Any questions?

The Democratic Party has moved so far to the right that I barely know it anymore; the Republicans have gone even farther, to the point where John McCain is now seen as a centrist, when once he was thought of as batshit crazy.

Other than Steve Cohen and some of our local legislators like Beverly Marrero and Jeanne Richardson, I can't get excited about Democrats, and rather than sabotage them, I've just tended to shut up.  I really don't know how much longer I can do that, so I hope to be writing a little bit more.

We need more Al Frankens and less Blanche Lincolns.  We need more Steve Cohens and fewer Bart Stupaks.  We need more Ned McWherters and fewer Phil Bredesens.

Frankly, we need to move LEFT.  (Listen, you can hear the Blue Dogs faint as they hear their contributors run away).  We need people at every legislative level who care more about their CONSTITUENTS than they do their DONORS.

We need to make government closer to the people, and reduce the part money plays in politics.  We need to de-financialize and de-Reaganize this society before it becomes neo-feudalist.  And if you think Chris Hedges is wrong, then your head is up your ass, and I will NOT argue that.

Ok, I feel better already; let's see how many Democrats live up to my standards.

By the way, I'm not really talking about the folks running for County offices here; those are clerical positions, and there really is no Democratic or Republican way to run most of those.

Enough for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well you remember how Cohen wasn't going to vote for any war funding without a timetable to bring the troops home?

THAT went out the window early on in favor of his careerism and ego.

Upton's carpetbagger Richardson is trying to carry the medical marijuana thing, but that would help her daughter the AIDS nurse's patients. Meanwhile, she's sabotaged equal rights for men in child custody matters.

Bev will probably never piss me off as much as she did with her nanny-state fascist anti-smoking on private property vote.

You can't suck these people's asses anymore than they're sucking yours. And they forget who put them there, so they can move on to bigger and richer suckers.

callmeishmael said...

Advocate, hell, you want to dictate. Since you and Mr. Hedges do not wish to examine the outcomes of Communism in the Ukraine as it may make you examine the notion that we need a "few good Communists" and that your response of "I don't want to talk about this anymore" in reference to my "elaboration" about my claims about Howard Zinn and that you almost never can answer basic questions about the efficacy or even logic of how exactly is centralizing policy and power in Washington, DC moving "government closer to the people," you almost without question do not wish to advocate, but dictate. How is that in the spirit of the Democratic Party that you claim to cherish? How is that reflective of Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry Truman (since your headline quote shim), Ted Kennedy (another former headline quoter), and even Blanche Lincoln? But before I start ranting, I'll shut up now.