Friday, May 17, 2013

Taking a little break for LIFE

Well, I realized that I hadn't been here for a couple of weeks and thought I needed to put something up.  As you may or may not know, I got married for the first time two weeks ago today at the tender age of 54.

I am deeply fortunate to have Susan, who puts up with me and my foibles and seems to understand me very well, which is a good thing.  I have been paying attention to things going on in Tennessee (thank you Daily Buzz, if you aren't a subscriber for free, for heaven's sakes, SIGN UP, will ya?)  but due to my wedded bliss, I haven't gotten worked up enough to write.

Something I noticed is that Mike Carpenter announced on Facebook today that he is going to work for the Plough Foundation; last I knew, he was working for Mayor Wharton.  He will do a great job at Plough, he is a Republican who works with Democrats, even if he doesn't agree with us very much.  Because he would work with us on the County Commission, he is a pariah in his own party.  Sad.  Mike Ritz, who would criticize Carpenter for doing that, now has taken that same path of bipartisanship on his own, to the point that some in his own party tried to recall him, with no success.

Any way, the Grizz are in the Western Conference Finals for the first time ever, it's BBQ Fest weekend and life is good.  I'll be back in a couple of weeks or so with more news, go enjoy what's left of May!


No comments: