Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Thoughts on the election

What if I told you there was a party where 1 side had an inherent advantage of at least 10% in voters in elections?

What if I told you that this party looses consistently?

What if I told you there was a Congressman who delivers more in services for his constituents than the previous Congressman?

What if I told you this Congressman gets attacked consistently because of his race and ethnicity?

What if I told you that candidates for office seem more concerned with the pay from the job, rather than than the payment to the community that the job should entail?

What if I told you that public service is just that, public service to enrich the city, the community, and the public, it is not about enriching you or your friends pockets?

What if I told you that reaching to the past and clinging to the past is preventing you from seeing and preparing for the future?

What if I told you that sacrificing to help the greater good means that you lift others up and let others take credit at times for your work knowing that the result is the important part, not your part in it?

What if I told you that recognizing when your time is over is difficult, but you must always be aware that your place is fleeting in the grand scheme and you must prepare others to take your place, and also, step away, perhaps early, to let them shine and lead, and continue the work you and the ones who stepped away for you to continue?

What if I told you that to build up a city and make it a vibrant community, you must give people a reason to live there and just as importantly, show people around the city, county, state, nation, and world how to be an example on how to do it?


No comments: