Friday, May 01, 2009

I hope they let me come home after this!

Once upon a time, in the early to mid-70s, my friends, my second favorite college football team, after the Arkansas Razorbacks, was, well...........

The UT Vols. Yes, you read that right. Especially when Condredge Holloway was their QB, so much so that I rooted for them against the then-MSU Tigers in those days. This was before I learned how the legislature screwed us over, before I learned that because of some guy named Crump, they held a grudge against our fair city (and school), and before the Pride of the Southland Band ruined Rocky Top for me forever.

For me, UT football will be THIS song, the actual official UT Fight Song, Down The Field. Here it is for you; I hope Lauren doesn't go into my attic while I'm gone to wait for me with a shotgun.

No comments: