Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I no longer have a candidate in the 8th Congressional District

What? Why?  Well, since you asked, it seems that Roy Herron has said he would NOT vote for Nancy Pelosi for Speaker, or John Boehner either.  This is a false choice, and seeks to undermine our best Speaker since Tip O'Neill.  If you aren't going to support Pelosi, then I have no further use for you, and I'm not putting your notices up here any more.

The Jackson Sun article notes the following:
Herron said he would be more middle of the road politically than Fincher.  Herron also said he would not vote for Democrat Nancy Pelosi or John Boehner, R-Ohio, as speaker of the house. "I think both of them are too extreme," Herron said.
One out of two isn't bad, I suppose.  The fact of the matter is that this won't matter TO ANYONE, no one is going to believe him, and he has just told what few liberals are left in his district that they don't matter.  Too bad the Conservatives won't vote for him, either, so he just finished his own campaign.

No, I don't live in TN-08.  If I did, I would have a new message: SEND MABEL TO CONGRESS INSTEAD!

UPDATE: Could THIS be why Roy did what he did?  Has the DCCC cut him off as a lost cause? That would explain a lot of things.

No comments: