Tuesday, October 19, 2010

McWherter Comments on Haslam's Endorsement of Wild West-Style Gun Laws

Bill Haslam Will Work to Legalize Carrying Guns Anywhere

Pledges Support for Total Firearm Deregulation

NASHVILLE – At a meeting of the Tennessee Firearm Association, Knoxville Mayor Bill Haslam told a crowd he would sign a bill legalizing the carrying of firearms in all public areas. After shortly being pressed by members, Bill Haslam committed to signing a bill to allow citizens to carry a concealed firearm without a permit and said, “If the legislature passed it and brought that to me, I said I would sign it.”

Official statement from Mike McWherter
"While I am a strong supporter of second amendment rights, I am shocked at Bill Haslam's lack of common sense and total disregard for public safety. This is irresponsible” said Mike McWherter. “Bill Haslam is willing to put the safety of Tennessee families in jeopardy, this speaks to the core of his character."

No comments: