Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The news gets worse: Lowe Finney is not running for re-election to the Senate

Senator Lowe Finney (D-Jackson, District 27) sent out an announcement that he is not seeking re-election to his seat, which used to represent Madison, Gibson and Carroll Counties, but now represents Madison, Crockett, Dyer, Lake and Lauderdale Counties.  If this is for a run for higher office, then this may be a good thing.  However, from the tone of this letter to his constituents, it appears as though he is leaving politics, and that is NOT of the good:

Share this:    
Lowe Finney State Senate
Dear Friend,

Today I am making an important announcement, one that I wanted to share with you - one of my friends and strongest supporters - before it’s out in the news media. After much prayer and thoughtful consideration, I have decided not to seek a third term to the state Senate.

I have had no higher honor than representing West Tennessee families in the state legislature. I am proud to have worked to improve health care for senior citizens, cut the sales tax on food and provide great opportunities for young students and veterans to attend college. I thank my wife, Tiffany, for her support all these years.

Although I am leaving the Senate at the end of next year, I will remain your Senator for Dyer, Crockett, Lake, Lauderdale and Madison counties until the November election. I will work even harder in my last session, and I will be available to serve you in any way I can. I remain,
 
Respectfully yours,
Paid for by Friends of Lowe Finney | Teresa Luna, Treasurer
PO Box 1432 | Jackson, TN 38302


No comments: