Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Well, I'm probably wrong but...

Marek is up with interesting predictions, go check them out.  The polls have just closed, so we will see in 2 hours or longer if I am right with my picks below or just full of shit as usual.

Locally, I see no seats changing hands, but House 96 will be far closer than anyone expected.  Haslam will win, and so will Alexander, again with a much smaller margin than expected as the Carr/Tea Partiers skip the race.

The Amendments?  1 and 2 will FAIL, 3 and 4 will PASS, and the passing of 3 will be a tragedy for this state for the foreseeable future.

Predictions for the state House at the end of the night: 73 R, 26 D.  The Senate will be awful, 28 R, 5 D with no Democratic seats outside Memphis or Nashville, rock bottom.

The surprise of the night?  When all those good Republicans in TN-04 who voted for Jim Tracy turn on Scott DesJarlais and vote in Lenda Sherrell, with the thought that they will come back with Tracy in 2 years and beat her.  Of course, it will be a Presidential year and more difficult to do, but.....

Nationally?  I think we hold onto the US Senate, 51-49.  Mark Pryor survives in Arkansas, Grimes loses in KY because she ran away from her President, Nunn wins in GA.

Well, we will see what happens; I am headed to THE WAREHOUSE for the re-election party for my Congressman, Steve Cohen.

Watch this space later in the week with my thoughts on the 2015 Mayor's race, which, if you haven't noticed, has already begun.

No comments: