Monday, November 10, 2014

What the hell, it's been 10 years already??

Happy 10th Birthday to the Left Wing Cracker blog!

Ten years ago today, in the rage and aftermath of the re-election of the worst President this country has ever seen, I started writing, when blogging was all the rage.

This wasn't the first political blog here, you had The Pesky Fly on the left and Mike Hollihan on the right back then.  I was inspired by SouthKnoxBubba, which disappeared and resurfaced as KnoxViews, which still inspires me today.    While there aren't as many blogs as before, there are those, like Vibinc, that provide terrific information and opinion and inspire me to keep writing.

I look back at that first post and see how simple it was and how much energy it had.  I also see that one of my first commenters is sadly, no longer with us.  Things happen in a decade.

You were with us in great times, and the worst of all possible times.  I appreciate you more than you know.

So, where do we go from here?  Well, I hope to have something up by the end of the week on the massacre of last week, and something on the 2015 City Elections.

Thank you for coming this far with this blog, and I hope we can keep writing posts you want to read and share.

Steve

No comments: