Friday, July 15, 2022

You asked for it and you are going to GET IT, part 2 - Judgeships!

 I am only going to do the seats in which there is a contested election, so here we go:

CIRCUIT COURT, DIVISION 2

Part time City Attorney Carlos Bibbs won the Bar Association poll over former state representative and City Councilor Carol Chumney and attorney Kenneth Margolis, who has a huge billboard at the Poplar Viaduct.  Bibbs is well-liked and has a good record.  All that said, I have known Carol since the late 80s and worked in most of her campaigns.  I am voting for Carol Chumney in this race.

CIRCUIT COURT,  DIVISION 6

Stuart Breakstone is facing Cedrick Wooten in this one.  Breakstone won the Bar poll, which can be found here.  That said, I have known Cedrick Wooten since he was in high school and I believe he will be an outstanding Judge.  I am supporting Cedrick Wooten.

CIRCUIT COURT, DIVISION 7 

Incumbent Mary Wagner won the bar poll, along with the endorsement of Mayor Strickland and former Democratic Chair and outgoing Commissioner Van Turner.  Paul Robinson, Jr.  is opposing her.  I will probably vote for Judge Wagner.

CIRCUIT COURT, DIVISION 8 

Incumbent Bob Weiss faces Damita Dandridge and Larry Parrish, but won the Bar poll handily.  I have heard nothing bad about him so I will likely vote for him.

CHANCELLOR, PART 1

I am just going to list whom I am voting for at this point.  Gadson William Perry is the incumbent and I am supporting him.

CHANCELLOR, PART 3

Joe Jenkins, the incumbent, gets my support here.

PROBATE COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 2

Incumbent Karen Webster gets my vote.

CRIMINAL COURT, DIVISION 1

Incumbent Paula Skahan is one of the best judges in this STATE.  She will get my vote every time!

CRIMINAL COURT, DIVISION 2

This is wide open and I am going to go with Samuel Winnig, with Joe Ozment a close second.

CRIMINAL COURT, DIVISION 3

Michael R. McCusker is my choice here.

CRIMINAL COURT, DIVISION 5

Undecided between Christopher Lareau and Carlyn Addison,

CRIMINAL COURT, DIVISION 6

Judicial Commissioner David Pool gets my vote.

CRIMINAL COURT, DIVISION 7

Incumbent Lee V. Coffee gets the nod here.

CRIMINAL COURT, DIVISION 8

While incumbent judge Chris Craft is very well liked among the lawyers in this town, we need more people on the bench who have been on the defense side of the aisle, and Sanjeev Memula is getting my vote here.  He may be younger, but he understands Criminal Court as well as anyone running, and I am voting for him.

CRIMINAL COURT, DIVISION 9

Judge Mark Ward,  the incumbent, is highky respected and with good reason.  he gets my support.

Now, onto General Sessions Court!

GENERAL SESSIONS CIVIL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 1

Incumbent Lynn Cobb is my pick here.

GENERAL SESSIONS CIVIL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 3

Lots of good lawyers here, but my choice is Danielle Mitchell Sims.

GENERAL SESSIONS CIVIL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 4

Voting to keep Deborah Ann Means Henderson on the bench.

GENERAL SESSIONS CIVIL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 5

Betty Thomas Moore deserves another term.

GENERAL SESSIONS CIVIL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 6

Bring back LONNIE THOMPSON for 8 more years.

GENERAL SESSIONS CRIMINAL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 7

 I believe Judge Bill Anderson created this particular court and does a fine job with it.

GENERAL SESSIONS CRIMINAL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 8

This is a tough race, but I am backing Lee Wilson.

GENERAL SESSIONS CRIMINAL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 9

Incumbent Gerald Skahan has done quite well here and deserves another term.

GENERAL SESSIONS CRIMINAL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 10

 This is a wide open race, but I like Kevin Reed here.

GENERAL SESSIONS CRIMINAL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 11

I am voting for the incumbent, Karen Massey.

GENERAL SESSIONS CRIMINAL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 12

Silvio "Ron" Lucchesi has done good work on the bench so I support him for another term.

GENERAL SESSIONS CRIMINAL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 13

Terrance Tatum  is my choice to unseat Louis Montesi.

ENVIRONMENTAL COURT JUDGE DIVISION 14.

Patrick Dandridge  was trained for this job by his predecessor, Larry Potter, and it was no surprise when he replaced him on this bench.  He has done well overall, and I am choosing him for another term, but I do understand the frustrations over the SERENITY TOWERS case.  But, he is a judge first, and I appreciate that.

GENERAL SESSIONS CRIMINAL COURT JUDGE, DIVISION 15

8 more years for Judge LOYCE LAMBERT-RYAN!

Ok y'all, that is it for tonight, State and Federal Democratic Primaries tomorrow!


No comments: