Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I am stealing this post from Ian Welsh of BOPNews

because it's WORTH IT.

Here we go:

It's a constant refrain. Liberals are traitors for doubting George Bush. If I were an American politician this would be my reply:

If believing a man shouldn't trade freedom for illusionary safety makes me a traitor;

If believing that America shouldn't torture makes me a traitor;

If believing in the fourth amendment right to freedom from arbitrary wiretapping by some presumptuous bureaucrat makes me a traitor;

If these things make me a traitor, then I am proud to be a traitor.

George Washington was a traitor to King George. Jefferson was a traitor to King George.

And today, I am proud to defend the Constitution, and if that means I am traitor to King George, then so be it. Because Americans don't trade illusionary safety for real freedoms.

No comments: