Friday, February 14, 2020

Elizabeth Warren for President and other thoughts

Of course I am supporting Elizabeth Warren for President, she REALLY knows how to get things done.  If she had run four years ago, she would be running for re-election now and Donald Trump would still be begging NBC to let him stay on the air. 

But she didn't run, Bernie did, and I voted for him in the primary.  I voted for Hillary in the general, like all of the DEMOCRATS who voted for Bernie in the primary did.  The Bernie or Bust crew were NOT Democrats, so what happened happened.  He is not going away, in fact, most of his 2016 platform has been scooped up by the other candidates, except "Mayo Pete", as Duncan Black at ATRIOS calls the Mayor of South Bend.

Democrats, can we talk for a minute?  WILL YOU CALM THE HELL DOWN???   NOTHING CAN BE DONE LEGALLY TO REMOVE DONALD TRUMP UNTIL NOVEMBER 3. EVEN THEN, WE WILL STILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL JANUARY 20 FOR HIM TO LEAVE.

Now, do I have your attention?  We have so far only had votes in two of the whitest states in the Union, and some really good people couldn't even get there, like Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA), who was my #3 choice after Warren and Sanders.  I do believe Joe Biden is sinking, and unless he wins BIG in South Carolina, he is toast.  That expectation, no doubt, is why former Republican NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg jumped parties and is spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in Super Tuesday states, when he will finally appear on ballots.   I know a lot of people who are working for him.  I am not upset, bills gotta get paid somehow.  That said, I sure as hell am not going to vote for him IN THE PRIMARY and I hope like hell I don't HAVE to vote for him in the general.

Yes, I will in November if I have to.  That even goes for Mayo Pete.

But I really want our Democrats to find someone they like IN THE PRIMARY and help them.  Vote for them, give them money, do your best to help them but don't get pissed off if they lose.  THAT MEANS YOU TOO, BERNIE PEOPLE, THERE IS NO DAMN ROOM FOR ANYONE OR BUST.  CAPICHE??? 

But we will get to the general soon enough.  Frankly, I believe the Obama/Trump people have already returned to the fold, based on what we saw in 2018 in the Congressional races.  I feel better about the Midwest than I did 4 years ago. 

One last thing.  I know most all of you hate Trump.  I pity him more than anything else.  Just remember, he FEEDS on your hatred.  Do me a favor and IGNORE HIM.  Do NOT give him what he craves, which is the satisfaction that he can make your life miserable.  Don't hate, ORGANIZE behind the Democrat of your choice AT EVERY FREAKING LEVEL of government.  HELP THEM.  GIVE THEM MONEY.

Do that, and we will do the laughing on November 3.


No comments: