Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Interesting article about Wendi's return

It can be found in the Baltimore City Paper; hat tip to Romenesko!

Here's an excerpt:

Her main gripe with Charm City: expensive housing. “Frankly, I was not going to be able to maintain anywhere near close to the standard of living that I had in Memphis,” she says. “Nowhere near.” Initially, Thomas expected to be able to buy a home for about $200,000, but after driving around the city and county with two real estate agents, she quickly realized she would have to spend about twice that for something comparable to her “very nice” Memphis house.

“The Sun would have been paying me well,” she says, “but not that well.”

1 comment:

Freedonian said...

I wrote to one of the Baltimore sites and begged them to cough up more money for her.

Perhaps if I had forgotten to mention being a Memphian, they would have fallen for it.

Live and learn...